Roleplaying is a main form of entertainment on this wiki. Where we take the ideas here and make it into a full-blown story! BlazBlue is such an expansive world that the authors often use it for experimenting with their own plots and characters. If you want to join in on the fun, take some time to read the info bellow.
Where do we RP?
We RP official stories on Discord, as well as private Google Documents, both found on the main page. We do not RP on the wiki directly, but the finished products (episodes, chapters, etc.), characters, weapons, and the like, are here for others to enjoy.
- Private Google Documents
- BlazBlue Fan Wiki Forums (For non related RPing)
Places we DO NOT Rp at:
- The Chat
- The Wiki itself (Pages with RPing done here will be removed by an Admin)
Joining an RP
See an RP you like? Go ahead and ask someone if you can join in, most of the time others would love for you to join, but be aware it may not be instant as some RPs are already in play. Some are also solo projects, so make sure you check. Don’t ever just insert yourself into an RP as it is considered rude.
There are a few things you need before you can join
- Character Submission that fits the RP, if you like the RP learn a bit more about it and have your character suggestion fit the best they can.
- Discuss some ideas with the Author, work on getting your character adapted to settings.
- Schedule a test run with the Author, once you've done this, you’ll be placed and officially in the story!
Remember, joining an RP is a commitment, the others who RP with you count on you to be there but of course we are always flexible. Make sure to announce if you’re not going to be around.
How can I get my character approved?
You can get your character approved by submitting a basic form of bio and info. Some RPs have their own forms that you can fill out. Simply as the Author of the RP to find out how.
Things that immediately disqualify your character
- Overpowered and invincible - Unless you have a role of an extremely important character and or antagonist, your character is expected to be balanced. Absolutely NO world ending techniques, instant kills, etc.
- Similar Roles - If there's a main protagonist you're not going to take the spot, so make sure your character's role is reasonable.
Creating your own RP!
We encourage you to make your own stories and get others to join in on the fun, if you feel ambitious go for it!
If you’re creating your own story make sure that you have “some” of these elements present:
- Utilize the world. There are a ton of cities to use, you can even make your own if you wish but utilize the world provided.
- Abilities: Try to incorporate Seithr or magic in some format. Typically your characters should be proficient with something, Ars is how most people in the universe fight. You can even make your own powers from the boundary, there’s a ton to work with so let your mind run free! Azure is a high level power, but there are ways to make that balanced too.
- Characters: Anything you want them to be, you can have beastkin, make your own race even, have fun! But don’t plagiarize from another site, we will not accept any characters who are from another series for a in story RP. If you must have a crossover see the rules for where those can go.
- Weapons: Anything you want it to be, not everything has to be Nox Nyctores, maybe you have a weapon that converts Seithr into a different kind of energy, maybe one that is exclusive to your story? Seriously its anything you can think of.
To avoid having a messy wiki, we prefer for things to meet approval. This includes RPs. So before you start have your concept approved by an Admin. We want to make sure our stories are thought out, it can be a work in progress, of course. Not all stories are going to be completely figured out right on the bat! But have a few things ready for overlook:
- A basic plot outline which you can explain without plot holes
- A few core characters (or however many you wish)
- At least one other person in the project. (Unless this is a solo endeavor)
How do I get my story approved?
Post to an Author's wall your idea, along with the above figured out. Once its over looked they will approve and you can begin your RP. If you prefer to have your RP be a secret then ask for a private discussion in Google Documents.
Leaving an RP or absences
We understand if life comes up, if you have to stop for whatever reason make sure to let the author know! Your articles will always be safe and will be here if you ever decide to come back. If you are involved in an active RP you’ll be asked to pass the role to someone you trust so the RP can continue.
See these other topics for more help on RPing.
- Creating your Character
- Creating a Story
|Administration/Policies||Administration (Admins) | Manual of Style (MOS) | Editing Policy | Blocking Policy|
|General||About | Rules and Policies (General Policy) - (Discussion) | Roleplaying (Creating your Character) | Information for New Users|
|Misc.||Images In Use|